We are currently looking to fill a variety of positions for #TEAMCHEWDOIN!
General Manager, Executive Chef, Floor Manager, Servers, Sous Chefs and Bartenders
Please click the job title below for Job Description:
Listed below are descriptions of a few of the available positions. PLEASE NOTE we are hiring for numerous other positions so please fill out the employment submission above even if you do not see your desired position listed. Thank you!
David Burke Hospitality Management is recruiting for an experienced General Manager to join our team.
Chef David Burke is graduate of the Culinary Institute of America and a student of École Lenôtre Pastry School in Plaisir, France
We are looking for a hospitality professional who is truly in love with restaurant work and is passionate about every aspect of operations. Growth opportunities within the David Burke Hospitality Management organization, this position is ideal for the candidate who is looking to develop their career in hospitality.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills to lead the team professionally and with sophistication:
- Strong leader, hospitality in nature whom staff looks up to and wants to emulate
- Minimum of 7 years experience as a GM from a busy and high-quality, reputable establishment.
- Working knowledge of digital footprints related to restaurants ie:
- reservation platforms: Seven Rooms, Opentable
- reviewer sites: yelp, trip advisor, google business, bing, and
- social platforms: instagram, facebook,
- Working knowledge of KPI metrics including service and profitability to maximize revenues and guest experience
- Rigorous implementation of training modules for onboarding with continuous training & coaching practices
- Maintain hiring pars and training to develop a strong team
- Expert with payroll related administrative duties including tipping, local laws and companies handbook.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of service.
- Maintain restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards in all team members
- Consistently deliver reports to executive team and ownership
- Estimate food and beverage costs. Work with Corporate office staff for efficient
provisioning and purchasing of supplies.
- Uphold all ServSafe guidelines. ServSafe certified a plus!
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas.
- Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests. Handle all service recoveries
- Ensures the hospitality of the guest.
- Assists in interviewing, hiring, and training applicants/employees.
- Praise good performance.
- Discipline poor performance.
- Strong coaching skills and team building experience to build camaraderie
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize workload in a deadline-driven, demanding environment.
Must be organized, self-motivated, and proactive with strong attention to detail.
- Must have genuine interest in current trends and stay on top of f&b biz news.
- Ability to build community relations
- Proficient computer skills
- A 4-year college degree is highly desirable.
- Must drive and have a car
- Must have a hands-on approach to the job and will see hospitality as a career that suits your lifestyle. You will have successfully managed and motivated large teams in a busy restaurant environment.
With future expansion planned for Chef David Burke and his team, this is a truly an incredible opportunity to join one of the most highly regarded and forward thinking restaurant collections.
Job Type: Full-time
Management: 7 years (Required)
United States (Required)
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Supervises and coordinates all culinary and related processes in the restaurant
- Supports the Chef Restaurateur in developing, specifying and pricing the core menu
- Develops new recipe ideas and daily and seasonal specials based on the latest global, regional and local trends
- Creates and documents all cooking techniques and plate presentations for kitchen management, the cooking brigade, restaurant management and servers
- Estimates food consumption based on volume forecasts; monitors the food inventory; and approves daily order lists prepared by the Executive Sous Chef based on the availability of the freshest and most local, preferably organic, products
- Recruits, interviews, selects, on-boards, trains, schedules, supervises, motivates and leads the kitchen staff
- Ensures that the kitchen is immaculately clean and compliant with all regulatory requirements for food handling, sanitation, employment law and safety
- Sets and achieves world-class levels of exceptional and stylish cuisine within the confines of the established culinary style
- Participates in planning seasonal and private events and culinary demonstrations
- Achieves food, labor and cost controls that are established by senior management and in line with industry standards
- At least ten years of progressive experience in food preparation
- Previous roles as a Chef de Cuisine and/or Executive Chef
- At least eight years of supervisory experience over at least 30 employees
- Three years of leadership in an executive role; opening and/or change management experience desirable
- Highly diverse experience in all stations and positions in a kitchen including hot foods, cold foods, desserts, pastry and baking, and varied cooking techniques
- An in-depth knowledge of the various processes for menu design, development and pricing; food sourcing, procurement and handling; and food and labor cost control
- Four-year college degree or an equivalent culinary degree required
- Certificate of Sanitation from the American Sanitation Institute
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Physically fit and agile; able to carry 40 pounds